HOW TO USE XHANCE
SEAL, AIM, BLOW, PRESS
BEFORE FIRST USE
A new bottle of XHANCE must be primed to get it ready to use. Remove the cap and shake.
WITH THE CAP REMOVED, PUMP 7 TIMES, OR UNTIL YOU SEE A FINE MIST.
If you have not used XHANCE for 7 or more days, re-prime by spraying 2 times before use.
First, shake. Then, using 1 or 2 hands, place your fingers on the indented grip BELOW the mouthpiece.
Do not place your fingers above or over the flexible mouthpiece.
Gently insert the nosepiece into your nose and the flexible mouthpiece into your mouth.
KEEP A TIGHT SEAL BETWEEN THE NOSEPIECE AND YOUR NOSTRIL.
Aim the device upward between your eyes.
IT MAY HELP TO USE A MIRROR.
Take a deep breath and blow hard into the mouthpiece. Imagine you are blowing up a balloon.
BLOW, DON’T SNIFF, AND DON’T BLOCK YOUR OTHER NOSTRIL!
Keep blowing as you press the bottle with your thumb, releasing the medicine deep into your nasal passages.
KEEP BLOWING HARD WHILE PRESSING THE BOTTLE.
REPEAT THESE STEPS FOR YOUR OTHER NOSTRIL.
DID I DO IT RIGHT?
- Shake before each use
- Keep a snug fit in nose and mouth
- Continue blowing hard while pressing the bottle
- Do not sniff, inhale, or block second nostril
- Administer only the prescribed number of sprays in each nostril
FOR BEST RESULTS
- Use XHANCE regularly, twice daily
- Continue use as instructed by your doctor
- Remember to refill your prescription
monthly or as prescribed by your doctor
Important Safety Information
- Do not use XHANCE if you are allergic to fluticasone propionate or any of the ingredients in XHANCE. Get emergency medical care if you get any of these signs of a serious allergic reaction: rash, hives, swelling of your face, mouth, and tongue, breathing problems, or low blood pressure.
- Tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions and medications that you take. It is especially important to mention if you take antifungal or anti-HIV medicines as they may interact with XHANCE.
- XHANCE can cause nasal problems such as nosebleeds, crusting, sores, hole in the septum, and slow wound healing.
- XHANCE can cause eye problems including glaucoma and cataracts. You should have regular eye exams when using XHANCE.
- XHANCE may increase the risk of infections and can make certain infections worse. Avoid contact with people who have a contagious disease such as chickenpox or measles while using XHANCE.
- XHANCE can cause reduced production of steroid hormones by your adrenal gland, resulting in tiredness, weakness, nausea and vomiting, and low blood pressure.
- XHANCE can weaken bones (osteoporosis).
- Other side effects may include redness, pain, or swelling of the nose or throat, thrush (fungal infection of the nose and throat), nasal congestion, sinus infection and headache.
These are not all the side effects of XHANCE. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
XHANCE is a prescription medicine used to treat nasal polyps in adults.